This certification exam contains apprentice knowledge or foundation of network designs for the Cisco converged networks based on the borderless network architecture. The certified professionals of CCDA Certification can design switch network and routed network infrastructures and services including WAN, LAN, broadband access and wireless for the organizations and businesses.
Certification and exam:
The CCDA certification required only one exam, the exam code is 640-864 design.
Type of questions in CCDA exam:
The type of questions is multiple choice type questions. There are 50 – 60 multiple choice questions in the exam and the candidate is required to select the correct choice from the choices given under each question.
Time allowed for the answers in CCDA exam
The candidate allowed 75 minutes to solve the exam. The candidate must solve the 50 – 60 questions within 75 minutes.
CCDA exam language:
The exam will be taken in English and Japanese languages.
The designing Cisco internetworking exam will include the following topics related content. The candidate skills will be measured on these topics:
Describe the methodology used to design a network
- Describe developing business trends
- Identify network requirements to support the organization
- Describe the process/tools to characterize an existing network
- Describe the top down approach to network design
- Describe network management protocols and features.
Describe network structure and modularity
- Describe the network hierarchy
- Describe the modular approach in network design
- Describe network architecture for the enterprise
Design basic enterprise campus networks
- Describe campus design considerations
- Design the enterprise campus network
- Design the enterprise data center
- Describe enterprise network virtualization tools
Design enterprise edge and remote network modules
- Describe the enterprise edge, branch and teleworker design characteristics
- Describe physical and logical WAN connectivity
- Design the branch office WAN solutions
- Describe access network solutions for a remote worker
- Design the WAN to support selected redundancy methodologies
- Identify design considerations for a remote data center
Design IP address and routing protocols
- Describe IPv4 addressing
- Describe IPv6 addressing
- Identify routing protocol considerations in an enterprise network
- Design a routing protocol deployment
Design network services
- Describe the security lifecycle
- Identify Cisco technologies to mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Select appropriate Cisco security solutions and deployment placement
- Describe high level voice and video architectures
- Identify the design considerations for voice/video services
- Describe Cisco unified wireless network architectures and features
- Design wireless network using controllers
This certificate must be renewed every three years. In this exam is taken to prove the current knowledge
CCDA exam material and training
Cisco recommends the designing for Cisco internetwork solution (DESIGN) courses for the preparation of this exam. These courses are offered by the Cisco Exam learning partners. These required training can be easily found in the marketplace. A lot of candidate who are preparing for the CCDA exam prefer this. This will definitely help the candidate to get high scores in the exam.