After the completion of the security guard training or are just nearing the completion, you must be dreaming to get a great job in security industry. Your CV can be just the ticket to get you that initial foot in the door of the security industry. This is because a good CV explains what you have learned in the industry and how your previous work experience will spice up your career. A top quality CV considerably boosts the chances of getting a better chance, so it is worth spending time and effort on the content and presentation. It will make all the difference in obtaining the position you desire. You must therefore highlight your skills, expertise and value. Hopefully the information given below will enable you to produce the best quality security CV and will result in exactly the type of job you require.
- Personal information- Include your name and address, a phone number, and your email address. You may also add your nationality, gender and date of birth if you wish, but they are not obligatory. It is necessary to add a photo to your CV which will show that you are the right person for the job. Make sure the photo shows you dressed in a professional way.
- Education and qualifications- Write in chronological order a brief list of your educational qualification. It should include job related qualifications with the most recent first. This means that the security training will be near the top. Add your security qualifications that may consist of door supervising training or CCTV training. Do not forget to mention any special fire marshal training that you achieved during security training.
- Key skill – Include any skills you have learnt during the training session. This may include customer service skills, counter violence, data handling, fire and first aid instruction, general crowd handling, searching techniques and many more . Moreover add your personal skills which may enhance your professional career. Moreover it is always advisable to add skill that you have gained from security training. These may include administrative skills, people skills, communication skills and computer skills. All of these are very relevant as a security guard.
- Employment history- Start with your current or last employer and work backwards. It is mandatory to add the details of your SIA license including when it was received and when it will need renewing. These details are necessary before your new job.
- Additional details- It is necessary to add to your CV if you have been police checked. You may be working with children or vulnerable people in your job capacity. You can also add your interest relevant to security career which may give you a chance to portray something about your personality.
Hope the above tips will enable you to present a high quality CV to attract the employers in the security industry. Most people do not take much effort to create a good quality CV as they should, so if you write a professional, high quality CV you will stand out from the rest. These above information should result in a security job of your dreams – making all that security training more than worthwhile.