Studying online is a great way of obtaining new skills without having to re-arrange your entire life. If you have a full time job, or you are caring for a young family, then it’s very convenient to be able to fit your study around them. Everything you need to complete the course is right there at your fingertips.
If you are thinking of taking an online course then you can take a look at what is available here. There is a wide selection of courses to choose from. All you have to do is choose a course and start studying. Once you start there is one problem you may face; how to stay motivated. This can be difficult when you are not in a classroom environment. We are going to take a look at the distractions that can occur and how you can remain motivated. Read these practical tips to motivate yourself on https://beritacantik.com/.
How life can be distracting
Distractions are one of the main problems when you are studying online. If you have a separate room where you can study then you can at least shut yourself off from the daily routine in your home, but all of that is still just on the other side of your door. It can be so tempting to just abandon that essay and go and watch your favourite soap opera. If you have kids at home then it may seem like more fun to play with them than to watch the webinar you have scheduled. Even just having access to a kitchen full of available snack food can be a huge distraction when you are studying at home.
The art of motivation
Remaining motivated is not that difficult as long as you recognise that losing motivation may be an issue and plan on how to avoid it. Here are some tips you may find useful:
• Set goals for yourself. It’s a good idea to make these goals realistic but stretching. If you are not realistic then you may have problems meeting your goals and if your goals are not stretching enough you may meet them too easily. In either of these situations it’s easy to lose motivation.
• Make sure you break from your study on a regular basis; plan your breaks and stick to the plan.
• If you really hit a brick wall with your studying then do not stress out. It’s often a good idea to take a break or finish for the day and start afresh.
• Do not forget to reward your achievements, whether it’s a takeaway meal when you finish an essay or a spa day when you complete a section of the course.
• Remember that you are not alone. Even if you are studying online there are still plenty of opportunities for you to speak to other students. You may be surprised at how much you can help each other stay motivated.
It’s not always easy to stay motivated when you are studying online. Hopefully our tips will help you maintain your motivation levels.